Amid rising circumstances of Coronavirus within the state, Punjab Authorities has resorted to strict measures and determined to impose night time curfew throughout the complete State until month finish. As per the announcement, night time curfew can be in place from 9 PM – 5 AM throughout Punjab until April 30.
In an effort to manage the unfold of the lethal COVID-19, Chief Minister Amarinder Singh-led Congress authorities has additionally put a ban on political gatherings in Punjab. Solely important providers can be allowed to operate throughout this time interval.
Test What’s Shut & Open
- Solely important providers can be allowed to operate throughout night time curfew
- No gatherings can be allowed and all eating places should be closed down by 10 p.m. Events and different non-essential actions is not going to be permitted.
- Furthermore, a most restrict been placed on gatherings at funerals, weddings and cremations. Solely 50 folks can be allowed to attend indoor features whereas 100 can collect in open air features.
- It’s should for the workers working in authorities workplaces to put on a face masks.
- The federal government has additionally put a ban on political gatherings in Punjab. Case can be lodged towards social gathering leaders for holding any rally in the course of the interval.
- Medical schools and nursing institutes will stay open whereas remainder of the faculties and academic establishments shall stay shut until April 30.
- Some respite for store homeowners in Malls, because the Chief Minister allowed entry of 10 folks per store at any given time. 200 folks can be allowed in a Mall with 20 retailers at any given time.
The restrictions have come on the time when Punjab reported 2,924 new circumstances on Tuesday, pushing an infection tally to 2,57,05.
In keeping with the state Well being Division, as many as 62 peple died from coronavirus in Punjab, taking the toll to 7,216. In keeping with the bulletin, the energetic circumstances of coronavirus rose to 25,913 whereas 2,350 sufferers recuperated, taking the variety of recoveries to 2.24 lakh.
The central authorities on Tuesday stated that the depth of the coronavirus pandemic has elevated in India. As per the union well being ministry, Maharashtra, Punjab, Chhattisgarh are the reason for most concern.
Union Well being Minister Dr Harsh Vardhan in a press convention stated that 80 per cent of circumstances in Punjab are because of the UK variant of COVID19. This has been confirmed by genome sequencing. “The increase in cases is event-driven like large weddings, local body elections, farmer protest, etc could have a role in it,” minister added.