Within the first part of the panchayat election, which is being thought of because the ‘semi-final’ of subsequent yr’s meeting elections in Uttar Pradesh, there shall be voting for greater than 2.21 lakh posts in 18 districts from Thursday. Polling within the state began at 7 am and proceed until 6 pm.
The Election Fee has issued the Covid-19 pointers for a similar. On the time of polling, voters must put on masks and preserve social distancing. To comprise the an infection, circles are to be made at a distance of six-feet on the polling centres. Additionally Learn: Maharashtra: Lockdown-Like Curfew Comes Into Impact, Over 2 Lakh Cops Deployed – Test What’s Allowed & What’s Not
Listed below are particulars concerning the panchayat polls:
- Over three crore voters will train their franchise on this part of the panchayat elections to be held throughout 51,176 polling cubicles.
- These panchayat elections are being held in 4 phases ranging from April 15, April 19, April 26 and April 29. The counting of votes will happen on Could 2.
- The elections will go on to pick candidates for the submit of Zila Panchayat, BDC, Gram Pradhan and Gram Panchayat members.
- It’s estimated that the whole variety of nominations for 8.69 lakh posts in all 4 phases could contact 17 lakh.
- Within the wake of second wave of coronavirus, a number of BJP MLAs and MPs, together with Kaushal Kishor, requested the Election Fee to postpone the Uttar Pradesh panchayat elections elevating issues saying the polls may grow to be a “super spreader” occasion.
- Over 3.33 lakh candidates are combating for greater than 2.21 lakh seats within the first part
- To fill the submit of zila panchayat members, 11,442 candidates have been nominated from 779 wards, whereas as many as 81,747 candidates are contesting in 19,313 wards of kshetra panchayats.
- Then again for the gram panchayat, there are 1,14,142 candidates for 14,789 posts. For gram panchayat wards, there are 1,26,613 candidates for 1,86,583 seats.
Full Checklist of constituencies going to polls in Part 1:
Sant Kabir Nagar
The districts going to the polls are Ayodhya, Agra, Kanpur, Ghaziabad, Gorakhpur, Jaunpur, Jhansi, Allahabad, Bareilly, Bhadohi, Mahoba, Rampur, Raebareli, Shravasti, Sant Kabir Nagar, Saharanpur, Hardoi, and Hathras.
Key candidates contesting the polls
The panchayat polls shall be intently watched as some fascinating candidates shall be contesting the polls. A number of the names embody Miss India 2015 contestant and mannequin Diksha Singh who shall be contesting for Zila panchayat submit from Ward No. 26 of Jaunpur, Srikala Singh, who’s a BJ P member and spouse of gangster-turned-politician and homicide accused Dhananjay Singh, from Ward 45 of Jaunpur. In the meantime Samajwadi Get together chief Mulayam Singh Yadav’s niece Sandhya Yadav is one other key candidate who has the help of the BJP for a Mainpuri district panchayat seat. Then again, the BJP has withdrawn the candidature of Sangeeta Sengar, spouse of ex-BJP MP, and rape convict Kuldeep Singh Sengar.
This time panchayat elections will witness the Aam Aadmi Get together, AIMIM, and Bhim Military chief Chandrashekhar Azad’s Azad Samaj Get together contesting the polls for the primary time. The AIMIM will contest the polls with the Suheldev Bhartiya Samaj Get together.
In the meantime, Uttar Pradesh registered 20,510 new coronavirus instances on Wednesday taking the tally to 1,11,835.